ADULT SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED
Five scholarships for adult (21 or older), “non-traditional” students are being offered by the Coshocton Foundation. Please click on “Scholarship Applications” tab (above, left) for Guidelines and applications.
Applications are also available at the Coshocton Foundation, 220 S. Fourth St., in Coshocton.
Deadline for applications is August 6, 2014, at 4:00 p.m.
If you have questions, please call the Coshocton Foundation office at 622-0010.
The Distribution Committee of the Coshocton Foundation met recently and awarded grants totaling $59,998 to various community organizations. The grants include:
- $20,000 to Rising Tide Aquatic for renovations to the Coshocton High School pool
- $15,000 to Coshocton Is Blooming for downtown planters and flowers
- $10,000 to Coshocton County Commissioners for renovations to the court house
- $4,000 to the Pregnancy Distress Center for cribs and mattresses
- $3,000 to the River View School District an environmental science camp
- $3,000 to Kno-Ho-Co Ashland for a new oven at the Senior Center
- $1,876 to OSU Extension for 4-H leader background checks
- $1,122 to First Step Family Violence Intervention Services for staff self-defense training
- $1,000 to the Coshocton County Chapter of the American Red Cross for disaster preparedness training
- $1,000 to the Coshocton Baptist Church for daycare meals
HOW DO I CLAIM MY SCHOLARSHIP MONEY?
The Coshocton Foundation recently awarded over $150,000 in scholarships to graduating seniors in area schoos. If you have won a Coshocton Foundation scholarship, you will need to submit to the Coshocton Foundation a copy of your billing statement from your college or university. A Summary of Account is NOT sufficient. Nor is anything entitled "Estimated" acceptable, and the listing of scholarships and grants received will not work either. The billing statement should be available on your unversity's website, where you log in to get your other information.
The billing statement must show the amount owed for tuition, fees, room and board, etc. It should also show any other grants or loans you may have. The billing statement must reflect that you owe money. If you have a credit balance, the Coshocton Foundation cannot issue a check. All checks will be made out and sent to your college or university. No checks will be written to individuals. (We are not trying to be difficult -- these are the rules by which we must abide!)
Your billing statement may be mailed to the Coshocton Foundation, P.O. Box 55, Coshocton, Ohio, 43812 or may be dropped off at the office at 220 S. Fourth St., Coshocton. It also may be faxed to 740-622-1660. Please include a telephone number where we can contact you if we have any questions. If you will not need to use your scholarship during your first year of college, please advise us when you expect to submit a billing statement for payment.
ATTENTION SCHOOLS SEEKING GRANTS
Due to changes in IRS regulations, all grants from elementary, middle and high schools need to be made through the appropriate school district. In other words, where the application says "Name of Applying Organization," the school district itself must be listed. The contact person may be listed as the actual individual representing the elementary, etc. school, with the person's contact information. The grant application should also be made clear what school and program the grant is for. Also, the EIN of the school district needs to be reflected on the application. If you have questions, please contact the Foundation.
Check out our new tab (above left) "You & the Foundation" for answers to frequently-asked questions about us!